Python, one of the most popular programming languages in the world, is widely used for web development, data analysis, artificial intelligence, and much more.
If you’re a Windows 10 user interested in learning Python or running Python scripts, you’ll need to install Python on your system.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process of installing Python on Windows 10, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free installation.
Step 1: Downloading Python
- Open your web browser and visit the official Python website at python.org.
- Click on the “Downloads” tab and choose the latest stable version of Python (e.g., Python 3.9) suitable for your system architecture (32-bit or 64-bit).
Step 2: Installing Python
- Once the installer is downloaded, locate the file and double-click on it to start the installation.
- In the installation wizard, ensure that the “Add Python to PATH” option is selected. This option allows you to use Python from any location on your Windows 10 system.
- Choose the installation options according to your preferences and click “Install” to begin the installation process.
- Python will now be installed on your system. The installer will display a progress bar indicating the installation status.
- Once the installation is complete, you will see a dialog box stating “Setup was successful.”
Step 3: Verifying the Installation
- Open the Command Prompt by pressing the Windows key + R, typing “cmd,” and hitting Enter.
- In the Command Prompt window, type “python –version” (without quotes) and press Enter.
- If the installation was successful, you will see the installed Python version displayed in the Command Prompt.
Step 4: Using Python
- To launch the Python interpreter, open the Command Prompt and type “python” (without quotes) and press Enter. This will open the Python interactive shell.
- You can now start writing and executing Python code in the interactive shell.
Step 5: Configuring an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) (Optional)
- While Python can be used from the command line, using an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) can greatly enhance your programming experience.
- Some popular Python IDEs for Windows 10 include PyCharm, Visual Studio Code, and IDLE (comes bundled with Python).
- Download and install your preferred Python IDE following the instructions provided by the respective IDE’s website.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Python on your Windows 10 system.
With Python installed, you can begin exploring the vast world of programming and take advantage of the countless libraries and frameworks available.
Remember to keep your Python installation updated by periodically checking for new versions on the official Python website. Happy coding!
Moreover, this blog post is fabricated by the content experts at Accrete Infosolution Technologies LLP, a reliable web design and development company that has years of expertise in providing IT services across the globe. Contact us today to hire web developers for your dream project!